Gregg I. Shavitz
Telephone: (561) 447-8888
Gregg I. Shavitz, founder of the Shavitz Law Group, P.A., has dedicated himself to the vindication of workers’ rights. Mr. Shavitz’s practice concentrates on representing Plaintiffs in collective/class action overtime cases arising under the FLSA and Rule 23. Mr. Shavitz has represented tens of thousands of workers throughout the United States, achieving unpaid wages, liquidated damages and other relief. Mr. Shavitz is an employment lawyer with trial experience.
In addition to his litigation expertise, Mr. Shavitz has lectured in the past at seminars sponsored by the Labor and Employment Section of the Florida Bar, and has been a repeat speaker at the Labor and Employment Section Certification Review Seminar as well as the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers Workhorse Seminars.
The Shavitz Law Group recently earned the distinction as U.S. Business News 2020 Best Labor Disputes Firm – Florida.
- The highest AV Peer Review Rating from LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell for preeminent attorneys from 2000 to 2019
- U.S. Business News – Most Dedicated Plaintiff’s Employment Lawyer – 2020
- South Florida Legal Guide -Top Lawyers List – 2009-2019.
- Florida Super Lawyers – Super Lawyer – Employment & Labor (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019); Florida Rising Star in Employment & Labor law (2009)
- Florida Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite 2020, 2015, 2014, 2006, 2005, and 2004 in the area of Labor & Employment law
- South Florida Legal Guide – Top Lawyer Up and Comer – Wage and Hour law- 2004, 2006, and 2009
- Palm Beach Illustrated (2018, 2019) – Top Lawyer
Florida Bar (1994), U.S. District Court, Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida (1994), U.S. Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals (2007), U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals (2011)
- The Florida Bar; Palm Beach County Bar Association
(Member, Labor and Employment Law Section)
- Federal Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Trial Lawyers Association
- Broward County Trial Lawyers Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- American Inns of Court
- Fellow, The Florida Bar Foundation
- University of Miami, J.D., 1994
- Tufts University, B.A., 1991