Termination from a job is a devastating experience.
If you find yourself in this position you may have many questions and concerns about the circumstances surrounding your termination. There are laws put into place to protect individuals in the work place, so it is important to know your rights.
We at Shavitz Law Group suggest you consult an attorney if you have experienced any of the following:
1. You believe your termination is a breach of a signed employment contract between you and your employer.
2. You believe you have been singled out or discriminated against based on sex, race, ethnic origin, pregnancy, age, religion, or sexual orientation.
3. You have requested a leave of absence in accordance with the FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) for yourself or to care for a family member and you are then terminated.
4. You have filed a workers’ compensation claim for an injury at work and you are then terminated from you job.
5. You have been employed by the same employer for many years and you are suddenly terminated without warning.